Notepad++ is known as an open-source code editor. It is also known as a free source code editor. This means you it is available free on the internet. Very few people know the best notepad++ alternatives that are used by millions of coders worldwide.
It is a notepad replacement and also used for many languages. It uses the powerful component Scintilla. And is written in C++. It also uses Win32, STL, and API. These are responsible for the small program size, and higher speed of execution.
Best Notepad++ Alternatives for Web Developer/Software Geeks
It is also playing an important role in reducing the carbon footprints and saving trees by reducing the use of paper. Notepad++ is better and easy to run but many users have their own taste. So we are providing you with alternatives. There are many alternatives to Notepad++. Some are given below in a coherent manner. So that user can choose the source code editor of his own choice.
Apps Like Notepad++ for Coders
Some of the Best Notepad++ Alternatives are given below. These are given in a detailed manner. You are free to select any of them of your choice.
- Sublime Text – one of the best alternatives of the Notepad++ is Sublime text. It is a text editor which is mainly used for code, prose (text file), and HTML.it has extraordinary features and a slick interface for a user. It is also downloaded free without any expiry date.
- Atom-it is known as the text editor for 21 century hackable. It is created by Git Hub. It is able to customize to anything. It does not touch config file still gives productivity.it is hackable, modern, and approachable.
- Visual Studio Code– it is a free IDE. It is available on the electron/Atom framework. Microsoft is responsible to create it.
- Vim– it stands for VI Improved. It is an advanced text editor. It is for syntax highlighting.it is created by Bram Moolenaar. It is an advanced text editor which is used for syntax highlighting, the huge amount of contributed content, and word completion. Vim has many modes of editing with efficiency. So it is not a user-friendly application but a very strong one.
- Geany– it is Integrated Development Environment. That is small and lightweight. Created by Dominic Hopf, Nick Treleaven, Frank Luntz, and Enrico.
- Eclipse– it is known as the extensible development platform which is used for managing software, building, and deploying.
- Gedit– it is an official text editor. It belongs to the GNOME desktop which is created by GNOME.
- GNU Emacs– it is created by Free Software Foundation. It is a customizable but extensible text editor.
- Kate-it is created by Christoph Cullmann. It is a text editor for the environment of desktop KDE. It is used in many languages.
More Useful Tech Guides:
- How To Highlight Text in Pages in Mac
- CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Windows 10
- Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable
- What is BRCM-LVG
- How to Restore Dell Laptop to Factory Settings in Windows 10
So, if you are a coder of web development or you create software for yourself or anyone. Notepad++ will surely help you, but if you want to try something new or more features, then above mentioned, Notepad++ alternatives will help you to fix it.
If you like this guide, then you can share this guide with your office colleagues or friends who are learning coding languages with you. Sharing is caring so, please support us by sharing this guide with others.
If you still have any queries, then drop your queries in the comment section and we will answer you within 2-working days.