Nvlddmkm.Sys Error is among all the Blue Screen of Death Errors that make your wide colourful screen completely Blue along with an error message –
“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you’d like to know more, you can search online later for this error: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)”.
This specific error is basically related to the NVIDIA graphics card that you might have uploaded on your Windows 7 or Windows 11. These graphics cards sometimes get harmful and fail to respond to your requests and that is the reason you get to see the error on your system.
In this article, we will cover all the aspects of the Nvlddmkm.Sys Error from what exactly it is to how it works. We strongly believe that it is far more important to have knowledge about the errors than to have methods to solve them.
The idea of BSOD or Blue Screen Of Death have been already discussed in the other articles too but each BSOD error occurs because of some specific reason which we can analyze by looking at the error message displayed on the screen.
In the next block, we will analyze the error in detail and find out the reasons that cause the error and restrict us to access the programs of our choice. To begin with this I would like to have your complete attention so that you could have a better understanding of the subject matter.
What is Nvlddmkm.Sys Error?
The full name of this error is TDR Failure (Nvlddmkm.Sys). The full form of TDR is – Timeout, Detection, and Recovery and I am sure you must be familiar with these terms because these are three important components of Windows 7 and 10.
Whenever you get to see the blue screen along with an error message flashing on your screen then the first thought that should come into mind is to reset your GPU or Graphics Processing Unit and when this error occurs it will affect your drive or GPU.
Each error is different and has so many possibilities that make them appear on our systems. We have already discussed in the introduction of this article where we just guessed that this error occurs because there might have an issue with the NVIDIA graphic card.
There is a high possibility that you will get this error when the driver of the graphics cards has got overloaded or it has exceeded its capabilities. This is one possible reason but there can be other reasons that caused the error such as – memory timings being faulty, false voltages, driver conflicts, or a corrupted driver.
It is really difficult to decide the cause but it is great that you can easily fix it whatever the problem may be. Now that we have gathered enough knowledge about the Nvlddmkm.Sys Error will help us to resolve the error in a more productive way.
Possible Methods To Fix Nvlddmkm.Sys Error
Method 1: Re-Installation of NVIDIA Graphics Driver
This is one reliable and easy method which will help you to re-install the NVIDIA Graphics driver that will fix the error permanently.
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Turn it several times until you get a message “Preparing automatic repair”.
- You need to wait for a few seconds until another message gets displayed “Diagnosing your PC”.
- Once you open startup repair a new window will appear where you need to click on “Advanced Options”.
- After that, click on “Troubleshoot” option from the Windows recovery environment.
- Select Advanced Options where you will see many other options.
- Tap on “Startup Settings”.
- Then click on the “Restart” button.
- Select the number 4 key that enables Safe Mode.
- Once the safe mode gets on, you need to go to Device Manager.
- Then you need to navigate for the label “Display Adapters”.
- Right-click on NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Click on the “Uninstall” option.
- A prompt window will get appear where you need to confirm the task by selecting the checkbox “Delete the driver software for this device”.
- Choose the “OK” button.
- Then you need to visit the support site for NVIDIA graphics driver and from there install the latest version of the application.
- Then move towards C:\\Windows\System32\Drivers
- You need to navigate for the file named nvlddmkm.sys.
- Right-click on the file and then select the “Rename” option.
- A new prompt will appear where you need to select the “Yes” option.
- Then go to the C:\Nvidia or C:\drvvganVidia.
- Search for a file named nvddmkm.sy_.
- Once you get the file copy it and then paste it into the desktop directory.
- Then you need to press the “Windows + X” keys.
- Choose the Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then type the following command – expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys.
- Hit the “Enter”.
- Then go to the C:\ drive again and write the following command – C:\\Windows\System32\Drivers.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
Method 2: Run a memory test
If the previous method does not work for you then you must move forward to the next method which is the Running test. Follow the simple steps to run a memory test on your computer.
- Firstly, you need to press the “Windows + R” keys.
- Then a Run command window will appear on your screen.
- You need to type “mdsched.exe” in the provided space.
- Then press the “OK” button.
- Then restart your computer.
- When you restart your computer you will be notified of the errors and then you must act accordingly.
This is the detailed tutorial which will help you fix Nvlddmkm.sys error message on Windows 7, 10, and 11. We hope that this article helped you to diagnose the errors and helped you cure the problem which the step by step guidance.
We would love to hear your experience which you can mention in the comments section below.
- Is Barclient Legit? – Let’s Understand Here July 1, 2022
- 5 Star Safety Rating Cars NZ – Top 10 Safest Cars July 1, 2022
- Best Hill Stations Near Delhi NCR 2022 June 30, 2022
- Purple Lion Project.com Cassandra Dunn June 29, 2022
- Stores Like Charming Charlies – Top 10 List June 29, 2022
- Binance Coin Overview from Godex June 28, 2022
- How MetaHero and OpenDAO Changing Crypto World? June 28, 2022
- Hello Smart Com Join Now & Get Free Entry Course  June 27, 2022
- Now.gg Roblox – Play Roblox Instantly in Browser June 27, 2022
- How Long Does a Highschool Football Game Last? June 24, 2022
- Apps (63)
- Automobile (18)
- Business (36)
- Celebs (7)
- Education (26)
- Entertainment (41)
- Errors (6)
- Events (2)
- Fashion (23)
- Featured (1)
- Finance (57)
- Gaming (32)
- Health (16)
- Home Improvement (1)
- Internet (28)
- Lifestyle (29)
- Login (70)
- Online Services (60)
- Parenting (21)
- Social Media (2)
- Survey (68)
- Tech (47)
- Telecom (4)
- Travel (1)
- World (3)
Login2 months ago
MyHFT Login for Harbor Freight Employees – UKG Pro/Ultipro Employee
Tech1 year ago
How To Set Up An Omegle Bot – [All Possible Methods Here]
Fashion1 year ago
Stores Like Madewell in 2021 for Elegant, Fresh and Affordable Fashion
Finance3 months ago
YourRewardCard com Visa Activate and View Balance Guide of 2022
Login2 months ago
MyChart DuPage Login at www.mychart.dupagemd.net
Apps8 months ago
Fire Kirin APK 2022 Edition for Android Free Download
Online Services2 months ago
ESS Compass Associate com – Associate Portal for Employees Login
Apps3 months ago
Among Us APK + OBB Download for Android