In India, SBI is a very popular and trustable bank. Maximum people prefer SBI bank for deposits because they provide ease of accessibility, availability of ATMs, branches, and online services. If you have an SBI Bank account, this article will help you. This article will help you to change your address in your SBI account details.
When shifting to your new home, we need to change our address in bank account details. If you do not update your address, and in case of any situation. They could not contact you for any queries related to your bank.
How to Change Address in SBI Account?
According to the latest rule, the chip-based card needs to send to your registered address. In case you changed your home and did not update your address at the bank. Your chip-based card can arrive at the previous address and it can be lost. Still many of the customers do not get their chip-based card. If you want to update your address at your bank, this article will help you. Go with this article step by step.
Required Documents To Change SBI Bank Account Address:
These are simple KYC documents required for this process. Below the checklist of your required document.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Ration Card
- NREGA Card
- LIC policy – mention on your current address
- Election Card
You can take a photocopy of your documents and sign on it. The document should have the new address. If your address is not mentioned on your new address, the bank will not verify your current address.
How to Change Address in SBI?
Following the simple step to change your address in the SBI account
- Firstly you have to visit your branch.
- After that, you should ask for the address pupation form on the help desk or download it from here.
- Now, fill the form with your account number and update your current address. Fill in all details which are asked in the form.
- After filling the form attached the photocopy of your documents and sign on it. Check the all document list.
- Now, attached a photocopy of your documents.
- Now, submit your document to the corresponding executive.
- When you submit the document to the executive, he/she will ask for the original documents that you attached with a form to verify the address.
- After that, the executive will update your new address in the bank’s database.
- Now, you will get an SMS within some minutes on your registered mobile number “your address is changed as per your request’’.
Following these are steps. You can easily address SBI accounts.
How to Check New Updated Address in SBI Account?
You can check your new updates address through the SBI Internet Banking –
- You have to log in to your SBI internet banking through the user id and password.
- Now, go to your account statement and select your account number.
- After that select the statement period and click on the proceed.
- You can see on the next screen your account details with the new address.
What if Your Current Address Not Updated?
In case your current address is not updated perfectly in your official docs to be submitted as proof, you can get the same updated using any one of the following options:
- UID/Aadhaar: Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ to check the required documents and get your address updated online in UID.
- Voter ID: Register on https://www.nvsp.in and select the option ‘migration to another place’.
- Passport: Visit your nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
- Driving License: Visit your respective RTO office.
I hope now, you will be able to change your address in your SBI account. I told you very simple steps and determined which documents are required for updating addresses. Go to your SBI bank branch and fill the form correctly. After that attach your photocopy of the document and sign on that. Firstly, you have to need to update your address on the document. After that update in SBI bank details.
More SBI Bank Guides:
If you have any questions regarding how to update the address in SBI bank, you can write in the comment.