Many of you face stop code 0xc000021a problem in your windows 10. So, what are the process and steps to fix this problem? This window stop code appears randomly and when it happens, you lose your unsaved works. This Widows stop code 21a can cause much trouble.
How To Fix 0xc000021a Stop Code On Windows 10
You have to follow these steps to get rid of this Windows stop code 0xc000021a.
Method 1: Download & Install Windows 10 Again
- First of all, you have to insert Windows 10 DVD into your system and boot it. In case you do not have a DVD drive then you can visit microsoft.com and download a Windows 10 ISO and make a bootable flash drive.
- On the first screen click on the Troubleshoot.
- Now, you have to click on the Advanced Options.
- Then, you have to click on the Command Prompt.
- You will get a black window pop up, in that screen type C:/f/r this will perform a chkdsk on your system which will /f=Fixes errors on the disk, and /r locates and recovers bad sectors. In case, you get y/n prompt type y and click Enter. Now you can reboot your machine. It will work correctly.
Method 2: Startup Repair
If there is still the problem preserved then you can use the 2nd method to get over it. You can perform a windows 10 startup repair and learn how you can fix 0x80072ee7 well. First of all boot with the Windows 10 DVD.
- When the first screen appears click on Troubleshoot.
- Next click on “Advanced Options”
- Then tap on the “Startup Repair”
After that startup repair program starts and scans your windows 10 machine to fix any start issues. Whenever the repair finish removes windows 10 DVD from the system and reboot.
Method 3: You can disable driver signature enforcement
Most of the stop code 21a windows 10 issues should be fixed using the method 1 and 2. What if you have still some issues? Then follow the following steps:
- Boot to the Windows 10 DVD.
- Now, tap on the “Troubleshoot”.
- Then click on “Advanced Option”
- Now, you have to click on the “Startup Settings”.
- You will have an option “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” click on it.
- Now scan the situation and if you are finding stop code 21a windows 10 then move on to the next method.
Method 4: You can disable early-launch Anti-malware Protection
First of all repeat the steps of method 3, except the last screen now, you have to Disable early-launch anti-malware protection after it restarts your system
Method 5: You can uninstall recently installed software
There are chances that some recently installed software in your system is causing stop code 0xc000021a.
Now, you have to again repeat method 3 but on the last screen, you have to choose Enable Safe Mode and Select restart instead of selecting Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. You will boot windows 10 desktop. If your system boot then taps on the start menu where you have to type “program” now select “Program and Features.”
There you will get a popup, now sort up the programs which were recently installed and uninstall them as many as you can. Then, click on the “View Installed Updates” on the left of your windows. It will get to you to the updates of the operating system. Now, again you have to uninstall recently installed updates.
After finishing uninstalling recently installed apps reboot your system.
Method 6: Run an SFC Scan
In this method, you have to repeat the steps of method 5 after that boot into the safe mode.
- Click on the start menu and type cmd after that you have to right-click on the program and tap “Run as administrator”.
- After that, a black window will pop up where you will have to type SFC/scan now and click enter.
- This command will help you to scan all protected files, as well as replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
- The files will be located at the %WinDir%\system32\dllcache.
- After finishing your scan reboot your system.
Method 7: To Run a DISM scan
In this method, you have to repeat the steps in the method instead of running the SFC/scan now command from the cmd window type dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth and click enter.
The best thing about it that this command will help you to check installed windows updates/ service packs for issues/ corruption. After finishing the scan reboot your machine.
Method 8: Update your device drivers
In some occasion, device driver becomes corrupt or has a bug which leads to the stop code 0x000021a. You will need to update your device drivers and for doing so, you will have to follow the below steps:
- First of all, open your device manager- click on the start and type Device Manager.
- Then expand the driver which is causing the issues.
- Now, right-click on the device and choose properties after that tap on the driver tab where you have to write down the driver date and version.
- After that search on the internet for the updated drivers. Download the updated driver and save it in your system.
- After saving the driver go back to the device manager where you have to right-click on the device and choose update driver, here, follow the prompts to update.
- After the driver will be updated restart your system. Scan your system if 0xc000021a windows 10 is an issue.
- If the issue is persistent then go to the next step.
Now re-install the device driver
Most of the time updating drivers does the trick but even after the issue is present after updating the driver then you should uninstall and reinstall the drivers. For doing that, you have to follow the below steps.
- Now open up your device manager- open start and type in “Device Manager” and click enter.
- Then, you will need to expand the driver which is causing the problem.
- Now, right-click on the device and select “Uninstall Device”.
- After uninstalling your driver, you have to reboot the system. It will help you in completely removing the driver from your device.
- After the above step, your driver will automatically install after restarting the windows.
- Now, you will have to turn back to the device manager and right tap on the device, where you have to select Update driver.
- Now follow the prompt to update it.
Method 9: You have to run the blue screen troubleshooter tool
Microsoft offers a built-in blue screen troubleshooter tool in windows 10, it can be used to troubleshoot the stop code 0xc000021a blue screen crashes. For using the tool you have to follow these below steps:
- You will have to go to the Start menu where you have to click on the Settings app.
- Now, tap on the Update & Security.
- You will get a left menu where you have to tap on the Troubleshoot.
- Under the Blue Screen click on Run the troubleshooter
- Then follow the prompts
- This tool will monitor your system and automatically fixes the system.
- Now, reboot your machine.
Method 10: You will need to Run Windows update
There is a great possibility that windows updates will fix the stop code 0xc000021a error. You will have to install the attest windows 10 updates so that your device has the latest updates.
- Go into Start and tap on Settings.
- Now, tap on the Updates and Security.
- Here you have to choose Windows Updates.
- Tap on Check for Updates.
- After performing the above step windows update will automatically start the download and install.
- Now, reboot your system.
Method 11: In this method, We will Run Windows Feature Update
- Go on Start and click settings.
- Now, tap on update and security.
- When you move halfway down to the screen you will find “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909”.
- Now, tap on the Download and install now.
- After performing the above step, your system will download all feature updates.
- After the download is complete, it will start installing on your device.
- After installing the updates, restart your device.
Blue screen of Death on Windows 7
What is the reason behind stop code 0xc000021a on windows 7? It is mostly due to the faulty drivers which cause problems with windows 7 writing information to memory which leads to the crash.
So, how to fix the stop code 0xc000021a on windows 7? To fix this issue in Windows 7, you need to update all the device drivers to the latest version and even after doing this, you get the problem then you should start applying all the methods from the beginning.
More Technology Guide:
I hope you will find the solution to the problem. I would like to listen to everything about your procedures and experience. Please, comment on your experience and concern. Please, share this post with your friends and relative so that they also get help from it.